What is Qi?
- Qi is a Chinese word that can mean air, breath or energy.
- In other cultures it is also called Ki, Prana, or “The Force”, etc.
- Broadly, Qi refers to the cosmic energy that creates, sustains and operates everything in existence including humanity.
- Narrowly, Qi refers to the organic energy that powers all programs and systems of the human body.
- In Qigong practice, though it is often related to air and breath.
- When we say”Qi” it simply means energy.
- Qi manifests itself in vibration, waves, pulse, breath, light, heat, magnetic field, etc.
- Qi is measurable and transmittable.
- Qi carries information and is programmable.
- Qi is neutral & everlasting in nature.
What are the sensations of Qi:
- Pins & Needles
What is Qigong? (Chee – Goon)
- Also called Chi Kung, Qigong literally means Energy Cultivation. It contains two main categories.
- Still Qigong: Energy cultivation without visible physical movement, i.e. various sitting and standing meditation, Yoga posture practice, spiritual praying, various energy healing with still postures, etc.
- Moving Qigong: Energy cultivation with physical movement, i.e. Taijiquan, martial arts, Qigong Form practices, mantra chanting, spiritual drumming or singing, sacred ceremonial walking or dancing, various energy healing with movement, etc.
For group classes, check our Class page on this site.
For private training session with Master Yu, please CONTACT HER HERE or call 561-235-0939.